vrijdag 12 juli 2013

3 Coronation 60th anniversary: 'Dazzling spectacle' remembered

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22729342

Summary:
This article is about the coronation of queen Elisabeth the second. The people who have always presented at the Coronation are religious figures, the most senior clergymen from the Church of England. The next coronation will be with different figures as well (for example women), because a lot has changed since the last coronation in 1953. Sixty years ago Queen Elisabeth ll took her oath. She thinks only death can release her from her duty as queen. That is why Prince Charles is still a prince. Since a lot has changed since the coronation in 1953, the coronation of the next king or queen will look quite different. It will probably be more modern.

Opinion:
I have to say that I have more respect for Queen Elisabeth ll now that I have read this article. Before, I always thought that she was a stubborn woman who wouldn’t want to descent the throne to let her son ‘rule’. Now I know that she thinks being queen is her duty and only death can release her from that. I think that is well thought-out. Still, I think it is sad for Prince Charles. He will be very old or might be dead when he finally can be king. Moreover it is sad for the queen as well, because she has never enjoyed the life of a pensioner. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten